During the restoration of the Onesto Hotel the Ramsayer Research Library has provided information pertaining to the legacy of Frank Onesto, and the Hotels he owned and operated. During our research we discovered this photo (above) of the McKinley Hotel, first dubbed the Saxton Hotel in 1901. The photo on the right is the McKinley Grand today. The 1901 McKinley Hotel sat at the corner of Market Avenue South & 8th Street. In 1913 the street names were changed in Canton. Eighth street became 3rd street, where the modern McKinley Grand sits today.
Go to: http://mckinleystarkcountyresearch.wordpress.com/ to learn more about the holdings of the McKinley Presidential & Ramsayer Research Library