Welcome back to 70 Artifacts for 70 years! Look for our logo in platinum honoring the 70th anniversary of the Stark County Historical Society.
Today we feature photographs from Cherry Street School. The school was on Cherry Street NE between 9th Street on the South, and Lawrence Road on the North.
Cherry Street School was known as North School from 1876 to 1889, and Cherry Street school from 1889 to 1960 when the building was razed shortly after.
This bell was manufactured by the Meneely Bell Foundry of West Troy, New York.
Here is a Youtube of the making of a bell.